Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jeepers!

Don't ask me where last week went! Don't even ask me what last week's new implementation was ... I don't think I had one! Ooops!

Last week was a blur of many early morning swims and gym workouts; recovery from a trip to Lebanon over the weekend; endless lists of tasks to do at school; and an oh-so-wonderful weekend of brunch, lazing poolside, being with good friends and lots of sleep!

So, now to this week...hmmm...it's getting tricky trying to think of something new each week that will improve my quality of life ... there are so many things to choose from! But after a soak in the bath, pondering what it would be, I think I have decided that this week will have a reading focus! I have a number of good books lined up, so my mission will be to read for an hour or so each day!

In other news, the 100 day challenge is just ticking over to Day 70. Crazy isn't it! It's going OK with 2 rather large recent exceptions 1. A weekend of absolute indulgence in Lebanon ... think endless food; multiple Almaza beers (must be one of the world's best beers) and one meal that consisted of beer, a chocolate brownie and ice cream. No further comment needed there I don't think! 2. A 5 hour brunch at the Grand Hyatt on Friday which involved proseco, beer, wine, more wine, more wine, more wine and about 5 courses of food, including 2 dessert courses!!! Can you believe it?!??!??!? So much for my challenge! But oh boy, it was fun! I also feel like in some teeny tiny way this was compensated for by my mega workouts.

Anyway, (I feel like I say this often!!) ... ready to get back on track today and head full steam ahead to the next 30 days.

I am now getting to the point where I am hanging out to see my sisters, parents and my stunningly gorgeous niece and nephew. Brings tears to my eyes when I think about how soon it is. This year has been one of the best of my life to date but I am still trying to reconcile how to merge the travel bug with love of family!!! More on that another time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment