Monday, October 29, 2012

What I Ate Monday

In the interests of keeping myself accountable, here's a little summary of today's meals.  How do I feel?  Great that I kept on track!  But also a little sad that I haven't had a vino!  Hey, I'm just being honest  ;)

Breakfast:

Usually I have a green smoothie, but after going out for coffee after my early morning swim, I was ravenous by the time I got home.  A bowl of this blue museli with banana and soy milk it was.  Oh baby!




Lunch:

This soup from Forks Over Knives is one of my faves.  Simple, wholesome and SO yummy!  I also threw in 3 celery sticks and 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach.  And the best news is, there's plenty left for this week's lunches.


Split Pea Soup from “Forks over Knives”

Serves 4

Ingredients
1 onion chopped
1 ½ cups split peas
2 large carrots, shredded
10 cups water
2 table spoons vegetable powder
Salt and black pepper optional
Fresh parsley, optional

Directions
Sauté the onion in a large pot with a little water until yellow.
Add the split peas, carrots and water and bring to a boil.
Add the vegetable powder and reduce heat.
Simmer for about 1 hour. 
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm, garnished with a little chopped parsley.


Snack:

A smoothie with 500 mls water, baby spinach, a banana and a handful of blueberries - all combined with my new favourite 'treat' ingredient -unsweetened cocoa powder.  YUM!

 Image:  http://lostgardenblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/chocolate-banana-green-smoothie/

Dinner:

This Burrito Bowl.  It is, quite simply, happiness in a bowl!  I made it without rice or corn and it was still amazing!

Image:  http://www.straightupfood.com/blog/2012/07/22/burrito-bowl-with-guacamole-and-salsa/


All washed down with this baby:

Image: http://www.photosshow.com/carbonated-water-soda-water-lemon-2/

It was a good food day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment