Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 98, 99, 100 +1

Day 98 I did yoga after school.

Day 99 I went for an outdoor run (5ks) as it was a cooler morning. I also did weights after school for 30 mins or so...before heading out ofr a fab dinner at one of our fave restaurants.

Day 100 was 100% a rest day! I capped off my very rewarding challenge with a massage after school. Disappointly, the massage sucked! My normal lady is on vacation, so I had to go with an unknown entity. I figured it would be fine since all the staff are usually great. This time, not so much. Not only was it not relaxing even one tiny bit - she HURT me! This is an example of what she did - picture me laying on my tummy, she folds my leg back at the knee and then with all of her body weight, she pummels my leg not once but twice so my knee totally jack-knifed. I literally let out a shriek of pain! From that point on I was very vocal in telling her not to wrench my shoulder out of the socket, not to bend my toes so far back they were touching the sole of my foot, not to PULL MY EARS really hard! I am telling you the woman was a psycho. On top of all that, she ripped me off. My one hour massage turned out to be barely 45 mins - not that I cared - I just wanted to get the heck outta there!!!

So, I'm thinking that I am now going to go somewhere on the weekend and get myself a GOOD massage. I certainly think I earned it over the course of my challenge! Speaking of earning things, not sure if I shared that I bought a stunning new white ceramic watch after running my 20ks. I love looking at it and being reminded of my achievement!

Today I kicked off my summer spa holiday with a 5k run - hard and fast intervals on the mill at 5am! Bliss :) (Although the colour of my face post run would suggest otherwise!).

No comments:

Post a Comment