Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stepping out into the future

The neurosurgeon surprised me (in a good way!) by telling me that in the week following my surgery I should be heading out walking. He said to increase by ten minutes each day. So that's what I did. And more!

My lovely mum and I started out small on Day 1 and just walked across the road to the supermarket and back.

On Day 2 we tackled a mall - we took it easy with coffee and lunch stops in between and I felt so liberated to be out in society!

On Day 3 we went to an even bigger mall. After much strategy, we negotiated our way around. And bought a few fun items in the process!

On Day 4 we tackled the park. We walked 1.6 ks in 36 minutes and I was as proud as punch.

On Day 5 we walked 2.0ks and ALSO went to the mall! Wowzers - what a blockbuster day!

On Day 6 and 7 we walked 2.4ks. And today I walked 2.8ks in 50 minutes.

The feeling of getting out and about is good on so many levels. Firstly, it gives me a goal for the day and a clear focus on what I want to achieve. Since I kind of thrive on achieving goals, this is clearly a winning formula for me.

Secondly, the freedom of walking is so incredibly uplifting. One of life's simplest activities is now the highlight of my day! The sunshine, the breeze, the fellow walkers, the greenery. I love it!

Thirdly, I love that with each and every step, I am making my body stronger. While I am walking, I envisage just how far I'll be able to walk by the end of the week / end of the month / in April in Australia / in June in America. It's a fun visualisation process!

With each step, I am creating my future. And it's one I am very excited about!

You can do anything you put your heart, mind and soul into.

Far more than you can imagine.

Be fearless.

Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment