Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Seven

Day Six doesn't get a post cos I didn't do any exercise :) I was saving up for this morning's run ... I aimed / dreamed / envisaged to do 12 ks. I was kinda more hopeful than anything that I could actually do it!

Turns out I could ... and more! I miscalculated on the maths, so I ended up running 12.3 ks.

Do you know that this is the furthest I have ever run?!

And I did it all by myself cos our running group members were ill / otherwise occupied. It was a great run - I felt fab the whole time.

So, even though I was by myself, I needed to celebrate. Limetree for breakfast it was. Amazing how good a banana smoothie can taste after a giant run.

Unfortunately, I also got scrambled eggs. While the were yummy at the time, I have been feeling queasy all day since eating them. I think it's cos since I moved to Dubai I haven't eaten many eggs and now my stomach can't handle them. Actually, I have no idea if that's the reason, but that's what I'm going with.



This is Safa Park - betcha never knew the desert could be so green and lush! There is a 3.4 km track that goes around the park. Most of it is beautifully shaded and I love gazing at the greenery as I run. Also, it makes it really easy to calculate your distance. (Today's error an obvious exception that that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment