Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 63,64

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to exercise we go :) It's never ending this business of keeping fit!

Day 63 I went to hot, stinky, sweat-dripping-off-the-tip-of-my-nose yoga. And it's not even Bikram yoga. I can't even begin to imagine how hot I would get doing that!

Day 64 I rose and shone my way down to the treadmill to do a sweaty 5ks of fast intervals. There seems to be a great deal of sweat involved in all my workouts at the moment.

I read that watermelon is great for replenishing fluids after sweaty workouts, so this morning I made a watermelon / lettuce / alfalfa smoothie. It was pretty good but not my fave ... I think I might have needed a whole lot more watermelon. I put in about 1 cup...I'm thinking I probably needed about 3 cups. I love sneaking alfalfa into my smoothies ... an extra hit of green!

The only thing I am lamenting about the smoothies is that we can't readily buy kale or spinach of any kind here. That means I'm left to rotate my way through the many types of lettuce available. I'm becoming quite the lettuce conoisseur I must say! If you saw our shopping basket on any given day, you would think we had a lettuce fetish. With two of us drinking smoothies, we go through a crazy amount of greens! Still, could be worse things to fill your shopping basket with I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment