Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 56

Yesterday I ended up going to yoga to stretch out my post-17k-legs. My legs loved it!


Today after school I trundled off to the pool to swim some laps. The pool's been closed for renovations for about a month, so it was sooooo nice to just walk across the road to the gym and jump into the pool. I loved it and felt so good afterwards. A perfect end to what was a fairly long and tedious day at school.

You may recall that I set myself some running goals at the start of my challenge. Upon achieving each goal, I was gonna reward myself with a little something! So, as it goes these have been my rewards for doing things I never thought possible!

12k run - I pod shuffle
14k run - Day Spa with a friend
16k run - which actually was a 17k run - New makeover and makeup from MAC! I had fun yesterday being 'made over'. I ended up buying new foundation, blush and 2 eye shadows. The lady taught me some great new tips, so I gave them a burl this morning. I liked the look and how natural the makeup looks!

I love having my little rewards to keep me going! Although I must say that actually just achieving the goals is motivation enough! I look back at my 12k goal and feel so proud of how far I have come. Honestly, in my very overweight and very unhealthy days, never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to run 17ks. I really like who I have become - a healthy, focused individual who exercises for kicks rather than stuffing my face with whatever food is near! Well, most of the time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment