Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 53,54,55

Day 53 I had a rest day! It obviously paid off cos on Day 54 I did something that I never really thought I would be able to do! I ran 17kms! Yup - a long way huh! It was a great run and I felt good the whole time. I mentally broke it down into a lap-by-lap approach. Each lap of Safa Park is 3.4 ks. I ran 5 laps, making a grand total of 17ks. I love the lap concept as it easily allows me to picture my distance. I was (and am) still so proud of myself. I broke down into tears of elation when I finished! I am slowly but surely edging my way to my goal of being about to run 20ks. It is looking more and more likely that this goal is well within reach:) I celebrated my run yesterday by having a few beers, a couple of mojitos and watching the Royal Wedding at a fun beachside bar! It was a great day.

Day 55 I will go either to yoga or swimming :)

2 comments:

  1. you. are . amazing!! Truly! Keep it up!!

    (p.s. I can't help thinking - she must have the best sports bra ever...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lovely, Rach! Thank you. You are pretty darn inspiring yourself! We are now up to the 4 week mark of our smoothies and are totally addicted. I seriously dream about what concoction I will whip up next. We both feel great and a lot of that is due to the inspiration you gave us to try the smoothies! xo As for the sports bra ... YUP!

    ReplyDelete