Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Smoothies!

It's official! My friend Rach has inspired me so much that today I had my first ever green smoothie!

I made it with 400mls water; 2 handfuls endive; 1 nectarine; 1 orange; some mint; 1 handful of parsley and a squeeze of lemon! I loved it!!!

My smoothie looked a lot like this.

Thanks to cari-fit.com for the image!

Matt was curious about what I was doing, so I explained the wonderful effects that green smoothies have had on my friend. After showing him Rach's blog and pictures, he was sold and he asked me to make one for him! My husband ... the man who does not 'do' healthy ... let alone ask me to make him a GREEN smoothie!! So for Matt is was 400ml water; 2 handfuls endive; 1 orange; 1 apple + a little bit of parsley that I sneaked in! He loved it and has told me that he will have green smoothies every morning for a month!

THANK YOU, Rach! I am so inspired by your journey and so thankful for sharing it with us! xo

Who ever knew something so damn healthy could taste soooo good :) Here is a great website I have found to answer some of my questions.

2 comments:

  1. Go Michelle!!! So excited for you BOTH to try this out. Your smoothies sound delicious. The point is - fruit and greens and water to make it go down, so you got it right! Have fun experimenting and discovering! xx

    ReplyDelete