Saturday, April 16, 2011

Days 37 - 41

Don't ask me where last week went! It was a blur of early mornings, late afternoons and general back-to-school craziness. Phew - I was pooped.

Day 37 & 38 I was lazy and didn't do any exercise :(

Day 39 I went for a 5 am run with my friend.

Day 40 I was lazy and didn't do anything.

Day 41 I kicked some major butt and ran 14ks! No joke :) It was a fabulous run and I loved every minute. It was just one of those days where I felt good and every step was not a battle.

I left home at 5.30am to beat the heat - now that is some major commitment if you ask me! The run was complete with the following 'incidents'. .. running 14ks takes a long time and therefore there is a big window of opportunity for 'things' to happen :)

1. I swallowed a bug. As if breathing isn't already hard enough!
2. I had a full on collision with an oncoming walker ... who clearly does not understand the principles involved in avoiding a collision i.e do not step DIRECTLY into my path as I am coming towards you. I was all set ready to pass her without incident and next thing I know, she took a step to her right meaning she stepped straight into my path. OMG. It's not rocket science lady. Thankfully no injuries were sustained.
3. A lovely man who was running the opposite way to me cheered me on saying I was doing great!!!
4. I got the BIGGEST smile from a little old granny who was trying to run! So cute.

So that's that. Overall I feel I probably should have done at least one more workout somewhere in the week. But hey, I guess 1 yoga session; 30 mins on the bike; a 5 k run and a 14k run ain't too bad.

1 comment:

  1. I will never understand you runners. Or green smoothy drinkers.
    But good on you! XX Gilly

    ReplyDelete