Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 30, 31, 32, 33

Apparently I am getting a little lazy with my blogging! No new posts for 4 days ... oops! I kinda put it down to the fact that I am in take-it-easy-vacation-mode :)

Day 30 was a rest day.

Day 31 was a 5k run around the 'hood. This run was inspired by Matt. He took himself off to the gym for the first time in ages ... and this prompted me to get off my butt and go for my run!

Day 32 was hard core yoga session. Love the end of week stretch fest.

Day 33 was a 10.2k run.

I was a little disappointed my with run today as I had thought I would try and do 14ks. But alas, for some reason, the planets did not align and I settled for 3 laps of Safa Park - a solid 10.2ks. I would say that's still a pretty fair effort, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little peeved that I didn't meet my goal.

But in the interests of looking on the positive side ...
1. 10.2ks is still is damn long way.
2. I still loved every minute (easy to say now that it's over!)
3. I have a new i-pod shuffle with some great new tunes!
4. I had a good ole think about life ... I love how running gives you time to do that. I decided my key word at the moment is 'journeying' - literally and metaphorically.
5. Doing a shorter run meant I did not injure my knee / back meaning that I will be better and stronger for my next run.
5. Next week will be better cos I am determined to make it so!

In green smoothie news, things are going great! Some of my fave concoctions have been lemon / mint; pineapple / orange and orange / mint. I love also adding in a big handful of parsely and of course, lots of amazing greens! I have honestly never felt so energised as I do after drinking one of these babies.

I am loving them so much, that as I was running this morning, all I could think about was how much I was looking forward to my post-run green smoothie. Who would have thought, hey?!

1 comment:

  1. wohoo! Go team Michelle!! I'm so in awe of you running that far. Really. I think I would die!! Keep it up. You're a month in!

    ReplyDelete