Saturday, March 5, 2011

100 day challenge

This weekend we headed away to what's called 'The Empty Quarter'. This is an amazingly isolated place just on the Saudi / UAE border ... err... hence the name. Honestly, it is one of the most stunning places on earth I have ever been to!

Along with much dune-viewing and relaxing, there was much eating and drinking. So in the spirit of doing things properly, I am doing two things evening. 1. Having pizza and wine for tea to round off a weekend for over indulgence 2. Setting some new health related goals! Hands up if you think there's something wrong with this logic?

So, there are approx 110 days until we depart for our summer vacation ... so I am going to do my 100 day challenge!

Each day I am going to set a goal ... be it food / excercise / mind / balance related. I am also going to record on my blog my daily food intake and excercise! Some may find this boring but I think it will really keep myself accountable.

Main goals
1. To have NO MORE back or knee pain ... I will up the ante on my yoga / foam rolling / stretching
2. To be able to run 20 kms by the end of the 100 days!
3. To do a lot of crosstraining to condition my body so that I can run 20kms! ... swimming / yoga etc
4. To maintain my normal pattern of eating unprocessed, natural and healthy foods.

I also plan to reward myself! Things such as shopping, foot spas, fine dining etc should fit the bill quite nicely! All this will help me to be a tank top and short wearing running machine come June :)

I love being healthy and am looking forward to getting started on the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment