Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day One!

Day one of the 100 Day Challenge is here!

I woke up at 5am and bounded out of bed with as much excitement as one can muster at that time of the morning. After a 4 day hiatus from excercise, due to my bad back, I was looking forward to a run. I also felt the very intense need to burn off some of those calories from the weekend ...

Apparently, however, my body was not quite so happy to be excercising. It went into some kind of protest within about 2 minutes of my run. Everything ached and my breathing was so labored it was as though last night's oily pizza had clogged my lungs! I was not a pretty site as I dragged myself around my Mirdif 'loop' - a distance of approx 5 ks.

But ... I did not give up. I did not stop. I did not even slow my pace. There is work to be done on this body, my friends... and work it is that I will do.

And of course, when I got home I marvelled about what a great run it was and how fabulous I felt. Isn't it amazing how once the said torture is over, the mind forgets and your body thanks you??

When I got home, I did a mega foam roller stretch and had a warm shower ... all was well with my world.

Then, to give my body some energy at the end of the day(after a gargantuan day of sitting during a training session), I headed off to the gym and did 30 mins of weights / stretching.

So yup, proud of my achievements for day one!

1 comment:

  1. Good work! I would've given up on the run and walked home :)

    ReplyDelete