Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 18


Above is the group of teachers from my school who ran.

On Wednesday, 23rd March, a group runners and
walkers met at the Meadows, Dubai for an 8.9 km run to
contribute in their way to help raise money and
awareness for the tragedy that has hit Japan. There
were approximately 300 men, women and children,
many waving Japanese flags and/or colours. It was
a fabulous run around the beautiful lakes and
fountains of the Meadows sub-division. There was such a positive energy and, after a few words of appreciation,
many of us started off with a tear in our eye.

I truly loved doing something positive and healthy for the people of Japan. It is so hard to watch the images on tv as a feeling of helplessness seems to overcome me. By partaking in this run I felt that I was able to help the people of Japan just a little bit.

Oh, and from a fitness perspective, the run was awesome. It was a great distance, around a beautiful lake and the evening was just divine. As the sun set over the Marina, it really made for an awesome backdrop to the run!

I had never run in this area before but I think it won't be the last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment