Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Keeping my eyes on the prize...

Today's physical goal: A whopping 30 laps of the shallow end + floating for traction. That might even mean putting my head in the freezing water. I'm also super busy doing my hip slides, knee lifts, side twists and reaches. All this dedication will surely have to start to free up my pesky nerve that is trapped / damaged from my S1 disc.

Today's mental goal: Keep my eyes on the prize. At the moment, running a half marathon seems like a long way off. I mean let's face it, I can barely walk 100 metres. But I am determined that I will meet all of the goals I set yesterday, with the first one coming up in the next 3 days - walking over to the shops across the road. This is a distance of probably 500 metres. Funny how I used to zip back and forth across there countless times a day, often on my way to do a workout at the gym. Now, the workout will be just walking over there.

But I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. I am visualising myself achieving all of my goals. I am allowing myself to feel the sense of elation and achievement when I conquer them. Yesterday I even considered wearing my 1/2 marathon medal around the house, pretending that I got it in this year's 2012 December 1/2 marathon. I didn't. But hey, I'm the only one here, so you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment