Friday, January 20, 2012

Today...

Today... I reveled in the fact that I went out for dinner last night for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today... I reminisced about my fun outing with friends for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today... I hardly recognised myself when I wore something other than a sweat suit for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today... I went beyond the limits of my suburb for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today... I was like a kid in a candy store when I went shopping for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today... we planned for a positive, healthy future and we made holiday bookings for July.

And because of all the above, today... I felt like a normal person for the first time in 4 weeks.

Today's physical goal: Go out for coffee, walk around the mall (the world's BIGGEST mall at that); feel good afterwards. Done. (Even if the walk around the mall was a 15 minute hobble).

Today's mental goal: "Look for the gifts in everything; especially when you appear to be facing a negative situation. Adjusting to a new path and a new direction requires new qualities and strengths, and these qualities are always exactly what we require to accomplish the great things ahead in our lives".

1 comment: