Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meditation

Before I get out of bed each morning, I do a 6 minute healing meditation. It is a positive start to my day; it reminds me of what I should be focussing on and it sets an intention for a health-filled day.

The part I especially like is when the guy says a number of phrases that I repeat back to myself. They include things such as "You are getting stronger every day"; "Your energy and vitality are increasing daily" and my personal favourite "Every cell in your body is vibrating with health and energy".

It may be odd to think of me laying in bed saying these things out loud to myself, but at this point in time, I am willing to pull out all the stops to heal my back injury!

Today's mental goal: To carry some of the phrases with me throughout the day. Today I have been repeating "Every cell in your body is vibrating with health and energy" as I've done all my stretches and exercises. If nothing else, it totally takes the focus of the pain and redirects it to healing!

Today's physical goal: Sore, sore sore today :( Hence, I didn't head over to the pool at the gym, but rather did my exercises in our pool downstairs. I kinda need to save my energy because tonight I am going out for dinner with a group of friends. It's just going to be a quick, easy dinner - I think we're going to a yummy Italian restaurant. Given that I can only sit in 20 minute blocks, I plan on getting up and walking for 5 minutes every 20 minutes to keep things limber. This is my first meal out since Christmas Day! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment