Sunday, January 15, 2012

One step at a time

Today's physical goal: Walk to gym and back and do my traction. Check. It was a slow old walk today - my legs seem a little more numb than yesterday??? Nonetheless, I did it :)

Today's mental goal: "I am made of belief. Not barriers". (Simon Wheatcroft, blind runner). I need to call back to my mind my vision of running the half marathon this December. Over the weekend, I lost sight of this. Today I am once again living a life of belief. Belief that I am strong and healed. Belief that I can do anything. Belief that I am living the life of my dreams.

In other news, I had a grand 'ole time over at the pool today. I floated for 40 mins or so (which is very theraputic in itself). I then took the liberty of hanging on the sun lounge for 20 mins. I mean, hey, I may as well have a little fun right? The glorious sun was shining. The sky was a resplendent blue. If someone handed me a Pina Colada, I may well have been able to believe I was in The Maldives. Or Hawaii. I'm not fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment