Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where there is hope...

Life is going well. Progress is slow and steady. I'm feeling really positive about my health and I am confident that I will be fit and healthy very, very soon.

I had a great time doing my first hydrotherapy session yesterday. The water was a tad chilly, but the sun was shining, the trees were swaying and the water was sparkling. It felt good to move. It felt even better to be outside.

I've been blessed with many amazing visitors who bring with them their hugs, smiles and friendship. Sometimes they even bring wine. Or chocolate cake. Or even donuts. See - told you life is good!

Today's physical goal: Do 25 laps walking around the shallow end of the pool (yesterday was 20).

Today's mental goal: I am choosing hope over anything else. And with that in mind I am setting myself some goals. I miss having running goals as a focus in my life. These goals brought me so much happiness and sense of achievement. So I've decided that with my sense of hope, I know that anything is possible. Hence some new goals are in order:

1. I will walk over to Uptown Mirdif by January 14th, 2012 - this weekend!!!

2. I will go for a real / exercise walk by January 31st, 2012.

3. I will run by February 29th, 2012

4. I will run and walk in beautiful Adelaide and McLaren Vale April 7-19th, 2012

5. I will run the ABRAs Mina Seyahi 10k race in October 2012.

6. I will run the Mirdif Milers 10 mile race in November 2012. (16 hilly kilometres).

7. I WILL RUN THE DUBAI CREEK HALF MARATHON IN DECEMBER 2012.

8. I will run a marathon before I turn 40 on December 6th, 2015 :)

I also will swim laps by February 14th, 2012 and return to yoga in February, 2012.

Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. ~Christopher Reeve

No comments:

Post a Comment