Saturday, January 14, 2012

Post-goal slump

You know when you achieve a major goal, you kinda feel a bit deflated in the following days?

After yesterday's high, today has been a bit blah. Not that I should feel that way. In my definition of fun, today has been a bonanza. I walked back and forth to the gym where I did my traction exercises in the pool. I talked on Skype. I had a friend come over. And I went to the supermarket. I mean OMG that is by far the biggest day I've had in nearly 3 weeks. I should be on top of the world.

I put my slump down to the fact that it was pretty upsetting to walk into the gym in the state I'm in. This is not me! I should not be limping in to the gym to float in the pool. I should be there to WORK OUT!!! Also, today's weather is odd. It's cold and breezy and kinda wintery. A wintery 28 degrees celcius. Yup, I have acclimatised too much.

Today's physical goal: Walk to gym and float in pool. I achieved this with style and panache ... and a distinct lack of pain.

Today's mental goal: Keep on keeping on. I know I just gotta stick at it. So I will...tomorrow. But for now, I'm gonna go sulk...just a little. Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you were grumpy because you missed Grandad's bday party?
    Hope today is nicer for you. Perhaps try playing some music you love. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete